Monday, March 26, 2007

Golden/Work






Most of my day is spent working. I hate that life is expensive and money is only gained through work. Why can't I climb moutains to reap the reward of the money tree at the top? I work in this lab where we create data for oil and gas companies. The rocks are the source of information and we have to cut them up. The slab saw will cover you in dirt and rip your ear drums from you head. The final product of the cut is the slab, a beautiful smooth cut surface of a core(rock). Slabs are pretty when there are fossils and other types of formations with in the rock. Some of the rock is from 10,00 feet underground. It is crazy to think of time when you are looking at somethin 100 million years old. Other parts of my job include extraction of the oil and water from the samples, drilling plugs, taking photographs, and analyzing the rocks with a computer program measuring pressure differentials. Its a good job and I have learned many good things, but I know there are always better things waiting around the corner.

2 comments:

Yaga Cuba said...

Tech Dog! Anyway you could not tell them about possible oil reserves and tap a source for yourself?
Ed

TBVO said...

mad scientist my friend is